Thursday, August 9, 2007

Bridal preparations

I left my brothers' house early in the morning to go to the hairdresser. I have to admit I had an undefined pain in my stomach that I guess could be called - NERVES! After a couple of hours in the company of the hairdresser and Shoshan (Yarden's sister for those who doesn't know) I had calmed down slightly. The only worry was the weather - cloudy skies and plenty of rain the days before felt a bit threathening but at noon the clouds magically disappeared and a blue sky and the sun appeared.



When my friend Sophie called to say that the big surprise - 3 of Yarden's best friends - had landed safely I realised that everything seemed to be going according to the plan. I was of course still nervous, but ready to start to enjoy this special day instead of worrying about the details. I spoke a bit to the groom who admitted that he too was a bit nervous.



At 4 o'clock I was in a taxi on my way to Hagaparken. In a wedding dress, plenty of make-up and hair that had had hours of fixing I hardly recognized myself. I met up with Yarden who was in a minor state of shock after meeting Tom, Eyal and Ofir who he had no idea were coming to attend our wedding. We walked together the five minutes to the place for the ceremony and from a distance heard the string quartet play beautifully. This is it I realised. No more planning and organizing, now we are getting married...

No comments: